Reverence of a Romantic



“I know you barely, yet the thought of you walking that aisle with a person that was not me, makes me envious”

“You do understand the absurdity of that notion, do you not?”

“It is this absurd notion that makes me desire you more”

“Knowing well that I consciously decided to spend a lifetime with another man?”

“You call those few years from your past a lifetime?”

“Our differences split us apart, no reason for you to live as a rebound!”

“Can you honestly consider me one?”

“I meet you in a phase when I’m gathering myself from a prior relationship. Define it”

“Why would any relationship need a definition? You understand me, I understand you; you nurture me, I nurture you; you delimitate me, I delimitate you; you sympathize me, I sympathize you; you fancy me, I fancy you; you complete me … yet it’s tomfoolery for me to complete you!”

“What is any relationship without a definition? When you decide not to define, you live by the definitions enforced by the multitude. My diction approves of not a word, socially acceptable, that the masses may define us with”

“Yet you use the word ‘us’ when you mention me and you!”

“Figuratively, not literally”

“And making it literal is an anserine whim?”

“Think before you speak! We are merely acquainted; socially, morally, civilly our families are miles apart. Can your family or mine accept us walking hand in hand? Utopian fantasy in a pragmatic realism is a fool’s errand!”


“They say you ‘fall in love’. I questioned. Pondered over several eligible mates; tried to determine the one that would mathematically compliment me, in vain. And then, the unexpected happened. I fell in love. But Shakespearian love is ludicrous you say! I blame you not. Every ‘happily ever after’ has a trophy spouse. Know neither a fantasy nor reality defining love between two ordinary people. But what if their paths cross? What if there is an extra-ordinary destiny for them ordinary people if they share a path? Should fear of unknown limit their horizon? I question you…”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Screams Are That Loud

Something for the First Time

Passage to Desensitization